Wednesday, July 3, 2013

When it rains it pours...

“When it rains it pours. Maybe the art of life is to convert tough times to great experiences: we can choose to hate the rain or dance in it.”





Where to even begin? So, the day started off fine. I decided to go get a couple more wax melts from Auntie Di's at a store called Karma in Sanford. The rain had just cleared up and it was nice an sunny! Hooray! We arrived to a big mess of hangars on the floor. As I was browsing the store, I was chatting with the owner  who is also the maker of the candles and waxes I was looking at! After a few minutes of talking, she looks at me and the girls and says, "You must have a lot of clothes for those two." "Indeed I do!" "Well, do you want a bunch of free hangars?" Needless to say, I walked away with about 1-200 hangars and some smell goods! Very nice :) As a "Thank You", Rebecca threw up all over the store floor. Lovely.

After that, it was time for the dreaded grocery shopping at Wal Mart. The day before a holiday, not really the best day to go there. Of course, Adrianna was fast asleep as we arrived. Anyway, after strolling through each isle as I try to remember what was on my list (because, as usual, I didn't bring my list with me), we finally check out and head back to the car. It turns out it was raining, but, not too hard. I decided not to wait it out, I was ready to get home and be D-O-N-E. Turns out, God was watching me and thought he might play a fun little joke on me. Shortly before I reached the car it began to POUR! Not just rain, POUR! Almost simultaneously, my right shoe (flip flop type, where it also wraps around the ankle) slips. I try to get it back on my foot while (now) running to the car when I realize that it didn't just slip off, the piece that goes in between my toes ripped. And now my shoe was no longer covering the bottom of my foot, but spinning around my ankle and flapping in the wind. One shoe on, and one shoe off, I hurried the best I could to shove the the kiddos into the car so they wouldn't get even more wet. 

I finally got all the groceries into the car when I go to strap the babies in (I had skipped that part initially) and I see Adrianna in the driver's seat pretending to steer the wheel and laughing and giggling. How can I even be upset at this point? I had also noticed, in my frenzy, an old women sitting in the car parked across from me, watching everything happen. I smiled and laughed and waved hello to her. She seemed pleased that I was still in a good mood.

Babies strapped in tightly, I headed for home. The good news, I suppose, is that when I pulled into the gate for our neighbourhood (about 5 min from Wal Mart) it was beautifully sunny outside. I pulled into the garage and thought to myself, "Well, I'm glad I have a garage I can pull into so I can unload these groceries, protected from in-climate weather...not that it matters anymore." 

I unload the groceries which left a huge puddle on my kitchen floor. But I managed to get both girls down for a nap and now I am staring at the dog in her crate. I know she is just itching to go outside. Not to potty. But to shove her paws and underbelly into some bright red muddy clay, and then rub her face in..well, ya know...

When it rains it pours...








Arriving at Wal Mart

Arriving at Wal Mart

Leaving Wal Mart




UPDATE ON TODAY: Poppy peed on the floor. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME...she is banned to outdoor confinement until further notice. BAD DOG.



1 comment:

  1. Oh Liz, what a day for you. And that last photo of you with the mascara all over the place. Awww so sad, but you are a champ. Hats off to you woman. What a good Mommy you are.

    ReplyDelete