Wednesday, July 10, 2013

How to be me..? Right.

So, I was sitting down writing a "guidebook" for the girls (+dog) and the house. I am going out of town  for a couple weeks and we flew my wonderful and lovely mother out to care for the kiddos, the house, and (I suppose) to feed my husband ;) . After I finished writing, I thought it was rather interesting how easy it was to write down all the little details about the average day. Thought it might make for an interesting blog post...not to mention I am watching Adrianna purposely fling herself off the couch, crashing onto the ground, and laughing hysterically. Or maybe she is doing that weird laugh where she should probably be crying but instead she is laughing like she is clinically insane..This started a couple days ago and, to be honest, it kind of freaks me out.

Anyway...the day (and a couple funny videos). Sidebar: I kind of think that telling someone else how to care for your children is like asking your mother how she makes "that one dish". Mom does her best to write down every important detail..but there is something about a mother's touch...Lets be honest though, after reading the directions, it doesn't sound that hard, does it?



Poppy

Food: Fill bowl in the morning. That should last all day.

Water: Normally I fill it fresh every morning

Crate: Fully crate trained. Feel free to put her in her crate for any reason. I have had her in there for about 8 hrs (other than sleep) if I am out of the house.

Bathroom: First thing in the morning, two more times during the day, and right before bed. I just let her out and, ALMOST always, she will come back to the door within 5 min or less. In the mornings, I will usually let her out before I get the girls. I will get the girls changed and dressed and then let Poppy back in the house to eat.



Rebecca

Food: 8oz 3x a day (usually first thing in the morning, after her morning nap, and around 6pm). 1-2 jars of food a day. Feed whenever. She can eat fruits through her “fruit mesh feeder” and some are soft enough to eat without it. She will also gnaw on soft veggies or bread.

Drink: She can have water or VERY watered down juice

Sleep: Wakes up between 0730-0830. Goes down for a nap between 1030-1130 and sleeps for a couple hours and down at about 1600 for another nap. She goes to bed between  1930-2000

Bathroom: She doesn’t poop every day. She wears “nighttime diapers” (in the closet) for overnight (heavy wetter)

Hygiene: Bathe every day or every other. Clean ears often (she gets lots of wax) and brush teeth. It is MUCH easier to bathe her in the sink. She has a lot of trouble with water going over her face and head and she thinks she is choking. So I find it easier when I can control the strength of the stream.

Behavior Notes: She has been having trouble falling asleep so I have been giving her some cuddle time before I put her down. I think she might be teething. She loves her jumper. Also, if she is upset, the dog usually makes her happy right away.



Adrianna                                                                                                                                    

Food: Eats breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Sometimes she skips lunch because of a nap so I just give her a snack before dinner.

Drink: Milk for breakfast and juice/water throughout the day.

Sleep: Wakes between 0830-0930 and naps at the same times as Rebecca. Naps are not required, but they are suggested.

Bathroom: She poops at least once a day and is learning to notify when she is about to or is going poop. Take her to the potty seat if you want to!

Hygiene: Bath daily or every other. She LOVES to brush her teeth throughout the day. She also loves to clean her ears. She likes to bathe in the sink, too. But it really doesn’t matter. Whatever is easier for you.

Behavior Notes: Pacifier is only if she is lying down or going to sleep. She sits in a normal chair and should ask permission to be excused before she gets up. She likes to ask for a napkin and will clean her hands, face, and table. If you are cooking or prepping, she shouldn’t be in the kitchen. She can normally clean up after herself and can clean up her own room (more or less). If you tell her something is “rubbish” she will throw it away. She will also put dishes in the sink. Sometimes she gets confused between the sink and the trash, so keep an eye out for things in that trash that shouldn’t be there. She will probably follow you everywhere and shut all the doors in the house. I have little kid movies you can put on for her if you want to. She doesn’t like veggies but she will eat the mixed veggie baby food that I give Rebecca. She will eat green beans, corn, and sometimes broccoli and cauliflower. She LOVES: fruit, eggs, goldfish, string-cheese, milk, juice, raspberries, blueberries, popcorn, and toast.



The House

Will be clean upon your arrival

Trash goes out on Tuesdays

Turn AC off if unneeded











1 comment:

  1. Very helpful instructions. Even I could follow them, with a little luck.

    ReplyDelete