Friday, July 12, 2013

Gratitude


Well I am not sure who to thank first? My Mother (it is her birthday today!) for being the best, EVER! My Husband (pampered me today to an ALL DAY Spa Day as an anniversary gift) for being the best, EVER! Or Candice (who watched the girls ALL DAY today so I could go be selfish and get pampered) for being the best, EVER!

Lets start with the woman who brought me into being. Because, of course, she is to thank for pretty much everything in my life!

Dear Mom,
I just want you to know, on this very special day, that you are my angel. You are my hero. You are everything I hope to be as a mother. You are a strong woman. You support your husband with a humble yet sturdy heart. Your love for your children is unwavering, no matter what dumb things we may have done to break your heart. You not only raised me..you LOVED me. And you showed me what love really meant. What it meant to be good person. What is meant to make good decisions. And you were there to let me know what it meant when I made bad decisions, too. Being a new mother, I can only imagine how hard those moments must have been for you. But you did it anyway, and without hesitation. You are the kind of women I hope to one day be. And I hope with all my being that my little girls will look up to me the way I look up to you.
Love,
Your (one and only) Daughter

My Loving Husband,
You never stop surprising me. No matter how far away you are, you always seem to know what I need and when I need it. Even if it is against my will sometimes. I want to thank you for being so patient with me over the past two years of marriage (plus a few months before it). You have been so graciously loving and caring, even though I know I didn't always make it easy for you. I want to thank you for reminding me that I am not ONLY a mother but that I am a women. A women that deserves to be taken care of. A women that deserves to feel pretty...to BE pretty. You are an amazing AMAZING man...And I love you very much. I cannot wait to see what life throws at us next (because...who are we kidding, things are THROWN with aggression, not handed over nicely)
Much Love,
Your Wife!

My Dear Friend Candice,
What can I say? I didn't think I would be able to make friends here. At least not one like you! I am so glad you happened to be my neighbour! And that you happened to have a little princess, too! There is something very special about making a real friend. As we both know, those don't come around very often. You have been ever so willing to help out when we are in need (which seems to happen often), even when you probably don't actually want to. Thank you for being so gracious and loving as a friend. Thank you for your words of encouragement as well as your words of honesty. I know I can count on a true opinion even if I am not going to like the answer...I am going to miss you and your little one! But, hey, who DOESN'T want to vacation in Hawaii!?
Love,
Your Pesky Neighbour.




These arrived at the spa during my lunch!


No comments:

Post a Comment