Monday, July 15, 2013

Nobody takes you seriously when...

Normally, when I walk in a crowded area, people tend to move out of my way. I dont think it is because I look mean or whatever. I just think I walk really fast and stare straight ahead, so people naturally move out of my way. I never really thought about this until today. I get to travel alone and I decided I would be clever and bring a pillow and a blanket for the flight (it has greatly benefited me thus far). And all of a sudden, nobody moves. Nobody avoids my path. Nobody even sees me. I think that carrying around a  pillow and blanket makes me look lost, and vulnerable. And nobody cares. So fine. It isnt a big deal by any means, I just think that people dont take The Pillow seriously. Fine.



It has been a long travel day. I spent the night at the USO in Raleigh where they graciously posted a sticky note to my recliner so the Voluteer working that night would remember to wake me up. The chances that I was actually going to fall asleep were low, but they were so eager to be helpful, I couldnt  let them down. Either way, I got up at about 0345 and got ready and went to check into the flight(s).

Turns out, SATO never actually booked my flights because they had the wrong expiration date for my GTCC. Probably my fault. I wasnt panicked at all because if I didnt get a flight today Id get to see and surprise John tonight when he arrives back in NC! That would have been fun! :)

But, being a good navy girl, I called the number on my orders and had flights booked within 5 min. Same flights, more or less. So no biggy. First flight from Raleigh to Charlotte was short. Too short. I wish it had lasted a couple hours more because the flight was empty and I was able to sprawl out (and by that I mean I was able to curl up enough so my feet didnt hang off) accross all three seats. The plane looked brand new!! The little service lights were a subtle pleasing blue color, the seats didnt have nast butt prints or grease stains, and the trays and carpet were spotless! 

We arrived in Charlotte where they forced me off the plane even though I was styaing on it for my next flight. Cant they just clean around me and let me sleep? Rude. lol Flight to Phoenix (hooray, I spelled that right on my first try this time!) was fine but FULL and I was in a middle seat. Sigh. But the guy to my right was ubber skinny and slept the whole time, and the lady to my left was elderly an so stinkin nice. I actually enjoyed talking to her. And for those that know me well enough, I dont really enjoy random conversation. I know. Im a brat. Is it weird that I dont like random conversations but I like to blog? Whatever.

Now I am sitting at the USO in Pheonix enjoying a free meal and not enjoying Prickly Pear Chocolate (gross, AZ, gross). 

HAWAII BOUND! ALOHA FOR NOW!

1 comment:

  1. You spelled it right the first time, but not the second time. But let's hope BOTH your flights turn out well! xox

    ReplyDelete